Ooh la la! Bridal Fantasy recently came across Green Wedding Shoes’ tutorial on DIY Favor Bags filled with macarons! Mmmm . . . macarons, such delectable little things . . . simply mouth-watering just thinking about them.
With color-coordinated labels already made to download, you’ll only need a few more things for this delightful DIY project:
- Color printer
- Glassine favor bags (found here)
- X-acto knife
- Double sided tape
- And of course . . . MACARONS!
Luckily for us Edmontonians, The Duchess Bakery is open every Tuesday to Sunday with a variety of macaron flavors to choose from! These DIY Favor Bags would be great for a wedding or bridal party favor. So say Merci by sharing these little French treats with your family and friends.
Here are the instructions from Green Wedding Shoes’ Blog:
1. Download (visit Green Wedding Shoes to download) the label graphic. Follow the directions in the PDF for printer settings, label folding tips, and cutting advice.
2. Add a finishing touch to the bags and scallop the top with a pair of pinking shears or a rotary cutter.
3. Add macarons and fold down bag opening.
4. Affix the color-coordinated label using double-sided tape.
5. To maintain freshness and avoid food stains on the bag, line it with parchment paper.
6. VoilÃ ! You’re ready to treat your guests to a little taste of Paris.